A series of medium duty polyester, vinyl ester, Epoxy resin base coating designed to protect steel and
concrete work against atmospheric corrosion and the exterior surfaces of tanks and process plant against the splashing and spillage of chemicals. Each of the Mipro Glass 101
coatings is reinforced with properly graded glass flakes, which lie parallel to the substrate thereby offering excellent resistance to permeation, corrosion, abrasion, physical abuse and thermal shock. Mipro glass 101 (I, B, V series coatings will withstand gas temperatures up to 120 C, and can be used in immersion service at ambient temperatures. All the mipro glass 101 series coatings can be applied by brush or by spray, they are approx. 90-100% solids, and cure at ambient temperature. The recommended thickness is approx. 400-500 microns and this is obtained in one primer and two to four coats depending on different application environment. Mipro glass 101 series linings are formulated from one of these 5 high performance resins:
- MIPROGLASS 101 I Isophthalic polyester
- MIPROGLASS 101 B Bisphenol polyester
- MIPROGLASS 101 V Vinyl ester
- MIPROGLASS 101 SV Vinyl ester – superior grade
- MIPROGLASS 101 E Epoxy
- MIPROGLASS 101 E (HYB) Hyb. Epoxy
For information on the chemical resistance of each of these grades please contact Chemiprotect
Engineers Corrosion Resistance Guide, under the appropriate code letter. Practical Coverage:
|COMPONENT||QUANTITY REQUIRED PER SQUARE METER|
|MIPROGLASS PRIMER |
VE OR E
|Approx. 0.20 Kg. (one coat)|
|MIPROGLASS 101 |
I.B.V, SV, E, E (HYB)
|Approx. 0.750 Kg. (two or more coats)|
|CATALYST||As mention on packing|
- % solids by volume of theoretical 98% at time of mixing. Practical typically 80% 5%. All Vinyl/polyester resin systems are subject to monomer loss and material Shrinkage during application and curing.
- In microns per coat dry is 180-200
- Recommended cleaner is cleanser No.1 cleaning only, thinning not recommended.
- Overcoating times is indefinitely over coatable (if clean and dry)
- Shelf life is 4-6 months at 250c.