MMA Flooring System
is fast reactive resin base seamless multipurpose flooring system. Quick floor resin is blended with specially graded silica quartz aggregates and special additives to produce a floor system that is hard, hard yet flexible, flexible and durable floor. Resistant to impact, abrasion, thermal shock, with very good acid & alkali resistant, hydrocarbon resistant, food acids, Floor system is non porous, hygienic and easily cleaned. Quick Floor is fully bonded to the concrete to prevent water creep. Can be applied as smooth solid color finish, broadcast with color quarts, color chips with clear coats.Feature:
- Quick Floor is a monolithic floor topping based on fast reactive resin. This resin system offers the following properties.
- Very Quick Cure: Full system may be installed within a 3-6hr period. (Depending on ambient temperature and floor size).
- Low Temperature application: The system will cure down to minus 250C. (Special techniques needed).
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Excellent abrasion resistance.
- Excellent adhesion to properly prepared substrates.
- Easily cleaned. See comments at end. Water blast resistant.
- Excellent slip resistance.
- Good resistance to thermal shock. When cured, will perform at all in-service temperature ranges. Range:- -300C to 90C. However thicker toppings will perform better.
- Cured film is non-toxic.
- Not moisture permeable.
- Moisture absorption:- 0.04% as per ASTM D570-63
- Flexural strength : 25Mpa
- Weight per m2 @ 3mm thickness:- 10kgs
- Minimum thickness: 2mm to 5mm
- Colour: Natural or other colour dependant on aggregate selection.
Limitation and Special Cares:
- Medium duty flooring: Heavy duty flooring: Sure shield, Industrial Terrazzite & Nuthane.
- A full primer coat must be applied for full and even cure. 2.5m2 /Kg. We recommend double priming (2 coats) to ensure full cure. 4m2 /Kg./ coat.
- Ensure forced area movement is created, even in corners, to ensure no “dead areas” that will not cure correctly. Application to uncured concrete (minimum recommended cure 28 days). However damp (but cured concrete) is satisfactory as long as the surface is dry.
- Application to unstable or defective substrates without approved remedial treatment prior to installation.
- Quick floor will not cure below minus 25C. Note: special procedures are needed for applications between 50c and -25c.
- A strong smell persists for 1-2 hours maximum. Application where fumes may contaminate adjacent food stuffs. This only applies in the installation stage (up to 3 hrs after application). Fatty foods are moreprone than wet products to tainting by odour absorption in to the fat/oil component.
- Application over existing coatings/toppings contact us before application.
- Over concrete cure or release agents without CHEMIPROTECT approval.
- Over ceramic tiles without specific written specification.